Posted: Thursday, 5/31/18 @ 2pm EST
Is My Home Viable for Solar?
In our latest blog post, we discussed the seven simple steps in going solar. However, before you begin the solar process, it’s best to have an idea of whether or not your home is viable for solar. Boston Solar looks at these few simple guidelines to help identify your solar viability:
- Are you a homeowner?
- Do you have a south-facing roof? The more south-facing your roof is, the more energy your solar system will produce.
- Is your roof large enough? The rule of thumb is, if your roof can fit three cars side-by-side, then it’s large enough for solar panels!
- Is there minimal shading on your roof? Check to see that there isn’t shading caused by trees or larger buildings and skyscrapers.
- Is your roof relatively clear of obstructions? We can usually work around a chimney or pipes, but if there are several roof obstructions, then it will be very difficult to install an array of solar panels.
- Do you have an electric bill that’s over $75? We want to help you eliminate or reduce your electric bill!
Let Us Help You Qualify Your Site
If you’re unsure of any of the above, let us help you by filling out the form on this page or calling (617) 858-1645. You’ll be connected to one of our experienced Solar Consultants who can help with all your solar questions.
Now Is The Time To Go Solar!
If you’re interested in going solar, NOW is the time! We have extended our installation guarantee under Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs), but it will end on June 30. There’s no better way to kick off the summer than with a shiny new solar PV system, extra income from solar savings (up to $5,000 from SRECs!), and little to no electric bills!